Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spection, Part I

The angle I chose determined to intersect the one he chose, me bearing in, timing, not expecting a pass, in fact, quite assured that no pass was going to happen, so homing in determinedly to give it a good give, we two alone, except the poor irrelevant dude to my other side, irrelevant because he would never see a pass from the one set in my sights, so I bore in, sprinted in, with a gap to narrow and a hope of connect, as he came in from the side, not far from the baseline, and I came flying in from straight down the middle of the court, me in my silly green sweats and Celtics shirt, not because I was clueless of the effect, but because I had nothing else to wear, no shorts because it had been so long since I played basketball regularly, in fact this was the first one in quite a while, so in those sweats I watched as he jumped, then I jumped, and intersect we did right at the apex, only I was moving perpendicular to him and there was a whole lot of force, how else to explain it, that propelled my cocked arm through the plane of the ball, indeed through his plane, without touching him, and the ball went fiercely into the wood, plated door with an explosion of noise that was only out-done by the explosion of euphoria from my teammates.

1 comment:

  1. This is end-of-story. The Part I signifies that there is intended to be a continuation of this type of thing, not the story itself, which is fully covered in the one paragraph. Unlike the other Part Is, which are meant to show that post is only part of a longer story.

    abc

    ReplyDelete